Pepper Jelly is one of our favourite products. We love the sweet, mild heat and usually eat it straight out of the jar with some cream cheese on whatever crackers we can find. There are however countless other uses for pepper jelly. Here are some of our favourites.
1. Pour over a wheel of Brie and bake at 350F for 10 minutes.
2. Brush on roasted or grilled meats as a glaze. Works well on fish too.
3. Add some kick to your sandwiches. Try our Cranberry Jalapeño Pepper Jelly on a leftover turkey sandwich or our Blasted Jalapeño Jelly with peanut butter for an grown up PB&J.
4. Top a burger with spicy pepper jelly, caramelized onions and smoked gouda cheese.
5. As a spicy dipping sauce: add 1 tblsp of Our Red Pepper Jelly and 1 tsp water to a sauce pan, warm on medium heat till jelly melts. Add 1 tsp soy sauce and 1/2 tsp rice vinegar. Serve with potstickers, spring rolls, or lettuce wraps.
6. Mix some into your scrambled eggs to help jumpstart your day.
7. Try a spicy vinaigrette: In the bottom of a large salad bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, our Brew House Stoned Mustard and your favourite pepper jelly until emulsified. Add salad ingredients to bowl, gently toss and serve.
8. Add a spoonful to the blender next time your make margaritas for a frothy, cool drink with just a hint of heat.
9. Brush on to grilled fruits like pineapple, peaches or watermelon.
10. Candied bacon: Lay strips of bacon on a wire rack atop a foil lined baking tray. Brush generously with pepper jelly and bake in a 400F oven. Flip half way through and brush the other side with pepper jelly and continue cooking. Cooking time will depend on how thick your bacon is, but approximately 10 minutes per side.