Everyone needs a go-to appetizer and crostini are easy and versatile. This isn’t so much of a recipe, but rather more of an idea to get you inspired. I’ve used a combination of sweet, tart and creamy components, but you can vary it according to your flavour preferences. Try swapping the brie for blue cheese, or adding in some salty prosciutto.
- 1 baguette, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 ounces of Brie cheese, cut into thin slices
- 1−2 fresh apples, thinly sliced, I used Granny Smiths
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN APPLE WHITE WINE JELLY
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Lightly brush each baguette slice with olive oil and place on a baking sheet in a single layer. Toast until lightly browned (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from oven and top each with a slice of Brie. Place back in oven for about 5 minutes or just until the brie begins to melt. Remove from oven. Top with thin apple slices, TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN APPLE WHITE WINE JELLY and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Arrange on a cutting board or platter and serve immediately. (They are best when still warm!)