While Sausage Stuffing is nothing new, this recipe is made ultra easy by adding Taste of the Okanagan’s Cranberry Chutney to the mix.
Cranberry Sausage Stuffing
Write a review
- 1 loaf day-old bread, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (apx 1 pound)
- 500g Italian Sausage
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 jar TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN CRANBERRY CHUTNEY
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Heat the oven to 375°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with butter; set aside.
- In a large frying pan cook the sausage till no longer pink.
- Add the butter, chicken stock, rosemary and TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN CRANBERRY CHUTNEY. Stir until butter is melted and ingredients are well mixed.
- Pour sausage and chutney mixture over bread, stir until well combined and evenly moistened. Transfer the stuffing to the prepared dish and spread it into an even layer.
- Bake until the top is golden brown, about 30 to 35 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Taste of the Okanagan Specialty Foods http://tasteoftheokanagan.com/recipes/