Happy New Year everyone! We’re back in the kitchen after a relaxing and refreshing holiday and ready to kick off 2015 on the right foot. We’ve whipped up this delicious Edamame Dip with Matcha Green Tea & Ginger that is not only super easy, but it’s also very versatile.
- As a dip – Drizzle with sesame oil and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds to serve along side veggies and crackers.
- As an appetizer – Top crostini or wonton crackers with edamame dip, baby micro greens, thinly sliced radishes and a drizzle of our Match Green Tea & Ginger Vinaigrette
- In a sandwich – Try it with seared tuna on lightly grilled sourdough
- As a side dish – This pairs great with poached salmon and a spicy cucumber salad
- 1 cup frozen, pealed edamame beans
- 3 tbsp TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN MATCHA GREEN TEA & GINGER VINAIGRETTE
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- Red Chili Flakes to taste
- 3 tbsp reserved cooking water (approximately)
- Boil frozen, pealed edamame beans in water for 4 minutes (or according to package directions)
- Drain beans, reserving about 1/2 a cup of the cooking water
- Place edamame beans, TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN MATCHA GREEN TEA & GINGER VINAIGRETTE, Sesame Oil, Chili Flakes and 2 tablespoons of reserved cooking water into a food processor and blend until smooth. Add more cooking water if necessary.
- Enjoy as a dip, a side dish, in a sandwich or part of an appetizer.