This layered shrimp dip is one of my favourite dishes to bring to a party. It’s easy to put together and is always a hit. I can’t tell you how many people have asked me for the recipe, or simply request it at every opportunity.
Fiesta Shrimp Dip
Write a review
- 12-16 shrimp, cleaned and deveined (alternatively you can use a can of cooked shrimp)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 250g Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN GARDEN MEDLEY SEASONING
- 1 jar TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN FIESTA PEAR SALSA
- 150g shredded cheese (I use a mix of mozzarella and monterey jack)
- 1 handfull of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- Melt butter and garlic in a pan and sauté shrimp until pink and cooked through. (if using canned shrimp skip this step)
- While shrimp is cooking mix softened cream cheese with TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN GARDEN MEDLEY SEASONING. Spread evenly on the bottom of your serving dish. This will be your first layer.
- Next, layer the jar of TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN FIESTA PEAR SALSA, on top of the cream cheese layer.
- When shrimp is cooked, rough chop into small peices, and layer on top of the salsa.
- Top shrimp with shredded cheese, and then top cheese with the chopped cilantro and green onions.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Taste of the Okanagan Specialty Foods http://tasteoftheokanagan.com/recipes/