I love a good one pot dinner. This dish is a simple as dump, stir, cover, cook! It’s a great week night meal the whole family will love.
Salsa Chicken Bake
Write a review
1 hr 5 min
1 hr 5 min
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup corn kernels (canned or frozen but thawed)
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans
- 1 jar TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN FIRE ROASTED TOMATO SALSA
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN SOUTH OF THE BORDER SEASONING
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 whole green onions, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Drain and briefly rinse the black beans. Add the dry rice, black beans, corn, TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN FIRE ROASTED TOMATO SALSA, chicken broth, TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN SOUTH OF THE BORDER SEASONING to an 8×8 inch casserole dish or dutch oven. Stir until everything is evenly combined.
- Push the chicken thighs down into the rice salsa mixture in the casserole dish. Try to push them down as far into the liquid as they’ll go. Cover the casserole dish tightly with foil. Bake for one hour.
- Take the casserole dish out of the oven, test the rice with a fork to make sure it is tender. If it is not, recover the dish, return it to the oven, and bake for 10-15 minutes more. When the rice is tender, sprinkle the cheese over top and return the casserole to the oven for a few minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Add the sliced green onions on top after baking and serve hot.
Taste of the Okanagan Specialty Foods http://tasteoftheokanagan.com/recipes/