Celebrate the start of a new season with these beautiful spring vegetable tarts. They’re easy, yet elegant and make a great side dish for your Easter ham or roast. Or let them be the star of Easter brunch and serve along with a light arugula salad.
Spring Vegetable Tarts
Write a review
- 1 sheet of store-bought puff pastry, thawed
- A handful of thin asparagus, chopped into 2-3-inch long pieces with stems
- 3/4 cup ricotta
- 3 tablespoons TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN LEMON DILL VINAIGRETTE
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- About 10 mint leaves
- Fresh parmesan, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper on a baking tray. Place the pastry sheet onto the parchment and cut into 4 squares. Score a 1-inch border around the edge of each square and prick a few times with a fork.
- Mix the ricotta with TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN LEMON DILL VINAIGRETTE, salt, and pepper. Spread the ricotta mixture evenly inside the border of each square. Note that you may not use it all. Top each square with a few pieces of asparagus on the diagonal. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper.
- Brush the borders of each tart with the beaten egg, then bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Place peas in a small bowl and drizzle with TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN LEMON DILL VINAIGRETTE; toss to combine and season with salt and pepper. Top the cooked tarts with the peas, then finish with mint leaves and a bit of grated Parmesan cheese.
Taste of the Okanagan Specialty Foods http://tasteoftheokanagan.com/recipes/