A classic apple pairing and a snack-time favourite come together in this tasty, tasty sandwich. The crisp, crunch of the tart apples, and the melty, goodness of the sharp cheddar make a delightful change from your average grilled cheese.
- 2 slices Thick-cut Country Style White Bread
- 1 tbsp TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN APPLE CHUTNEY
- 45g Aged Cheddar Cheese, sliced thinly or grated
- ¼ Granny Smith Apple, thinly sliced
- Room temperature Butter
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Alternatively, you can use a panini press if you have one.
- Lay bread slices flat on work surface. Spread TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN APPLE CHUTNEY on one slice, top with thinly sliced apples and aged cheddar cheese. Top with second slice of bread and sandwich together.
- Spread room-temperature butter on the upward-facing side of the sandwich, then flip that side down into the pan. Butter the other side.
- Cook, flipping once, until bread is golden and cheese is completely melted. If sandwich is getting dark too quickly, reduce heat.