If you’ve never had Beer Can Chicken before you’re missing out! Besides being incredibly tender, moist & succulent the bird on a can makes a great conversation piece.
Beer Can Chicken
- 1 4-pound whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN MAGIC SEASONING
- 1 can beer
- TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN BEER SMEER BBQ SAUCE
- Remove neck and giblets from chicken and discard.
- Rinse chicken inside and out, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub chicken lightly with oil then rub inside and out with TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN MAGIC SEASONING. Set aside.
- Open beer can and take several gulps (make them big gulps).
- Place beer can on a solid surface. Grabbing a chicken leg in each hand, plunk the bird cavity over the beer can.
- Transfer the bird-on-a-can to your grill and place in the center of the grate, balancing the bird on its 2 legs and the can like a tripod.
- Cook the chicken over medium-high, indirect heat, with the grill cover on, for approximately 1 hour.
- Based chicken with TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN BEER SMEER BBQ SAUCE and cook for another 15 minutes or until the internal temperature registers 165 degrees F in the breast area and 180 degrees F in the thigh.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.