Can you believe Thanksgiving is this weekend? Cooking for the main event can take all day so I like to have a little something on hand to keep hangry guests at bay — like this festive Cranberry Cheese Log!
This holiday appetizer is perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas and pretty much everything in between. Throughout the season this recipe is on heavy rotation and I just can’t get enough of it. Not only is it super easy, but you can make it ahead of time, and it travels really well if you’re heading to a pot luck or holiday party. I call that a win-win-win!
Cranberry Cheese Log (Cheeseball)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (Softened)
- 200 g Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 80 g Blue Cheese
- 1/3 cup TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN CRANBERRY JALAPENO JELLY
- 200 g Cranberry Trail Mix (or a mix of mix pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cashews, almonds and dried cranberries)
- In a food processor mix one 8oz block of cream cheese (softened), 200g sharp shredded cheddar, 80g blue cheese and 1/3 cup TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN CRANBERRY JALAPENO JELLY. Process until it’s evenly combined. (If you’re not a fan of blue cheese, just trust us, you won’t even know it’s there)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- *If you don’t have a food processor you can absolutely make this by hand, just make sure your cheeses are nice and soft.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Form the mixture into a log or ball shape and then roll it around in cranberry trail mix to completely coat the outside. (Check your local bulk store for a Cranberry Trail Mix, or mix pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cashews, and dried cranberries together to make your own) I like to toast the trail mix in a dry skillet for a couple of minutes to bring out the nutty flavour. Just remember to let it cool before you roll the cheese in it.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Wrap the cheese log in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.