If you’ve been following along here for a while, you might be familiar with our Fiesta Shrimp Dip recipe. It’s definitely a fan favourite and the number one request whenever I’m asked to bring a dish to any sort of function. We’ve shared the recipe a few times, but given everything going on this year, I thought it might be fun to reimagine it in a more Covid friendly way. Not only do the layers look super pretty in the individual glasses, but now you don’t have to share!
Fiesta Shrimp Dip
- 12-16 shrimp cleaned and deveined
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 Jar Taste of the Okanagan Fiesta Pear Salsa
- 150 g shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 125 g Cream Cheese softened
- 125 g Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp Taste of the Okanagan South of the Border Seasoning
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro, chopped (sub parsley if preferred)
- 2-3 green onions chopped
- Melt butter & garlic in a pan and sauté shrimp until cooked through.
- While shrimp are cooking mix softened cream cheese with sour cream and seasoning mix. Spread evenly on the bottom of your serving dish. This will be your first layer.
- Next, layer the jar of Fiesta Pear Salsa, on top of the cream cheese layer.
- When shrimp is cooked, rough chop into small pieces, and layer on top of the salsa. Top shrimp with shredded cheese, and then top cheese with the chopped cilantro and green onions.
- Serve with tortilla chips.