Prep Cook/Production Assistant with room to grow
Our small artisan food company is looking for a bright, enthusiastic, food-loving, person, who is interested in growing with us. Our production kitchen is expanding and we are looking for someone who loves to cook and has an interest in canning, preserving and supporting local.
Previous food production experience is an asset, but a love of cooking and an eagerness to learn is more important. We’ll happily train you in our processes and help develop your skills to work towards managing a kitchen that produces the highest quality jarred sauces and condiments, consistently and efficiently.
This is a unique opportunity for someone with a love of food. As a small family run business, we are flexible and expect this role to change over time and grow with you as you become part of our family. We encourage you to share ideas and opportunities and help create the job you want.
- Washing, chopping and weighing large amounts of produce.
- Following and executing recipes from start to finish (raw ingredients, to finished product)
- Ensuring all products produced are up to Taste of the Okanagan standards
- Tracking and organizing raw goods
- Monitoring inventory, and helping to set the weekly production schedule
- Maintaining a clean and orderly kitchen environment
- Jarring, labelling, stacking and sorting inventory
- Performing other kitchen duties as assigned
- No commercial kitchen experience necessary.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Manual dexterity, able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils.
- Comfortable around large kitchen equipment such as steam kettles and large cutters.
- Good physical condition able to lift large (50lbs) boxes of produce.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Function independently with minimal supervision
- Food Safe Certification an asset, but not required we help train and pay for cert.
$17-$20/hr depending on candidate.
If this sounds like you or someone you know email email@example.com and lets talk.