Everyone loves a good beef burger, but why not mix it up and throw something different on the grill. Try this lamb burger: meaty and juicy, topped with yummy feta, lettuce and our sweet and savoury Orchard Chutney.
For the burgers
- 1 lb. Ground Lamb
- ½ Lemon Juice & Zest
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 Small Onion Diced
- 1/3 Cup Toasted Pine Nuts Fry in a dry skillet over medium heat until brown
- ½ Tsp. Kosher Salt
- ½ Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Egg Slightly Beaten
- ½ Cup Bread Crumbs
- ¼ Cup Parsley
- 4 Whole Wheat Pita Bread
- 4 tbs TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN ORCHARD CHUTNEY
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Mix the ground lamb with the rest of the burger ingredients and form into 4 patties.
- Pan fry or BBQ until brown on both sides about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Spread the pita bread with mayonnaise and TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN ORCHARD CHUTNEY.
- Add roasted red peppers and crumbled little Feta Cheese and top with the lamb patty.
- Serve with Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries and Dill-icious Dip