Hooray, Spring is finally here, which means it’s time to indulge in all those delicious spring veggies. This is my go to pasta, for an easy week night dinner. It comes together in a snap, and is really versatile. You can easily swap green bean in place of asparagus, throw in some spinach add mushrooms, or even broccoli. Use whatever cheese you have on hand, fresh mozzarella, goat cheese or ricotta would all be delicious.
Lemony Salmon Pasta
- 600 g fettuccine or linguini
- 500 g salmon fillets
- TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN LEMON DILL VINAIGRETTE
- 2 cups asparagus spears cut into one inch pieces
- 1 cup 120g frozen peas, thawed
- 150 g fresh mozzaralle ricotta, or goats cheese crumbled
- Dill sprigs to serve
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water following packet directions or until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-heat. Brush the salmon with Taste of the Okanagan Lemon Dill Vinaigrette, and cook for 3 mins each side for medium. Transfer to a plate. Set aside to rest.
- When pasta is almost done, toss the asparagus, and peas into the same pot and cook for about a minute.
- Strain the pasta and veggies. Coarsely flake the salmon and add to the pasta. Add cheese, and toss with Taste of the Okanagan Lemon Dill Vinaigrette. Garnish with dill springs and serve.