Celebrate the end of summer in a delicious way with this Rustic Tomato Tart.
Rustic Tomato Tart
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- Fresh farmers market tomatoes you can use any variety, any colour
- Taste of the Okanagan Olive Tapenade
- Ricotta Cheese
- Lemon zest
- Salt & pepper
- Roll out your puff pastry. You can probably get 2 tarts out of one sheet.
- Mix the ricotta with salt, pepper & lemon zest and spread a layer on the tart, leaving about an inch around the outside.
- Top with Taste of the Okanagan Olive Tapenade and then layer with thinly sliced tomatoes.
- Top with a few more dollops of ricotta and season generously with salt & pepper.
- Fold the edge of the pastry over the tomatoes and brush with an egg wash.
- Bake at 355°F for about 20-25 minutes or until golden.