This fresh take on coleslaw makes a great side dish to cozy fall dinners… but we especially love it on top of our pulled pork sandwiches (see yesterday’s post). Apples and pork are an age-old combination and we love how the tartness from fresh apples mixed with our flavourful Apple Chutney helps cut through the richness of the pork. Plus it’s super easy!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
You can shred your own cabbage & carrots or do what I do and just grab a bag of coleslaw mix from the grocery store. Then just cut a granny smith apple into matchstick pieces and chop up some parsley or cilantro. For the dressing mix 2 parts of Taste of the Okanagan’s Apple Chutney with 1 part Olive Oil and 1 Part Apple Cider Vinegar.
Apple Cabbage Slaw
- 2 cups Coleslaw Mix⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 Granny Smith Apple cut into matchstick size pieces⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley or cilantro⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/4 cup TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN APPLE CHUTNEY⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Mix the coleslaw mix, chopped apple and chopped parsley or cilantro together in a large bow. In a separate bowl mix the TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN APPLE CHUTNEY with the apple cider vinegar and olive oil and then drizzle over the slaw and toss to dress.