Strawberry season comes and goes all to quickly for my liking, so we’re making the most of it by using strawberries in more than just our desserts. This sweet yet tart sauce is a great accompaniment to parmesan stuffed chicken, making a meal that’s elegant enough for entertaining but easy enough for a weeknight.
Strawberry Parmesan Chicken
For the Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese
- 4 large fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Salt & pepper
For the Sauce
- 2 cups fresh strawberries halve or quarter if large berries
- 2 tablespoons TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN CRANBERRY STRAWBERRY VINAIGRETTE
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut a horizontal pocket in each chicken breast half by cutting from one side almost, but not through, to the other side. Cut Parmesan cheese 4 1/2-ounce pieces. Wrap a basil leaf around each piece of cheese; stuff into chicken breast pocket. Secure pockets closed with wooden toothpicks or skewers. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In skillet cook garlic in oil over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add chicken and cook 5 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- Transfer to oven safe dish. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F).
- While chicken in baking. Deglaze the frying pan with white wine. Add strawberries and TASTE OF THE OKANAGAN CRANBERRY STRAWBERRY VINAIGRETTE.
- Cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes until strawberries have softened.
- Add half the basil and cook 1 minute longer.
- When chicken is done pour strawberry sauce over chicken and sprinkle with remaining basil and grated parmesan.